The ice is thawing, the snowy days are lessening and you are seeing a semblance of Spring. Spring is special is because it can be symbolic of rebirth in so many ways. Like nature that replenishes the grass and leaves that have withered and replaces the old with beautiful lush, green grass and blossoming flowers, we can also use Spring as a time to renew ourselves in all ways, but especially when it comes to our fashion. As Spring comes into season, the turtlenecks and coats that we wore during the winter may no longer be appropriate.
Here are 5 quick ways to make sure that you are Spring Ready:
- Assess your current wardrobe to see which items can be incorporated into Spring wear…these are items that are lighter in weight and that are bright in color. Pull these to the front of your closet so that they are front and center for the next few months. However, if you do not embrace bright colored clothing, there is no need to buy anything new…keep reading to see how you can still embrace Spring.
- While most people will gravitate toward wearing brighter clothing, it is not a rule that can’t be broken. I am a rebel at heart and encourage everyone to find her own style. Wearing bright colors is not limited to just your clothing. This means that you can bring your darker colored basic clothing pieces like black, navy and slate into Spring as well. You just need bright accessories to pair with it so that you can lighten the visual feel of your outfit and add the interest that Spring demands. This is one of the reasons why I love jewelry so much. Rather than spending a fortune always updating your wardrobe, you can add accessories to the mix and get a whole new look. I love the pop that a bright yellow necklace adds to a slate top or navy. You can also pair orange accessories with navy blue…this is such a classic color combination that many people do not wear but when you do, it is instant compliments. Spring is about experimenting with color, and if you are ever stuck, just look to nature for inspiration, which leads me to my next tip.
- Embrace florals. Nothing says Spring like a beautiful dress, blazer or top with a floral motif. If you are not the type of person who would wear a floral print, go for a necklace or earrings that has/have flowers. You can also embrace other accessories that represent nature, like birds, leaves and feathers.
- Embrace accessories that have a natural element to them, such as wooden beads or natural colored stones. These pieces evoke a feeling of earthiness which is a lot of what Spring is really about.
- Relax and create your own style. Spring is light and airy so your style can also be light and playful. Have fun with your clothes and accessories. Every item that you put on should be a piece that you love. If not, it is the perfect season to purge during Spring Cleaning. Remember, all things have a season, so once something has run its course and no longer makes your heart palpitate, it is time to release it.